Followers

Monday 9 February 2015

Shrinking Stampin up

Well I'm blogging this post from the bath lol...... I've had a productive day prepping for my March workshop I'm trying to be more organized  hence why I'm trying to finish projects earlier than they are due.Julie Kettlewell suggested this at the last training , she preps everything on a Monday for a Tuesday class rather than what I would do and prep on the day of class. I have several Easter stalls lined up so at least I can focus on them after my prepping is finished.
I can't share too much as I'm making the ladies several little gifts to inspire them to think outside the box with their stamp sets. 
Have you every wanted little embellishments for your cards maybe a duplicate of your favourite stamp set but smaller well you can. 
By using shrink plastic you can make those embellishments to match your card or even make a pendant for a necklace or earrings to pop into a card.
I use the love is kindness stamp with staz on ink and stamped onto shrink plastic. You have to stamp cut and colour quite quick as you don't want the image to bleed. 
 I'm really pleased with how they turned out but I can't tell you what I'm making as its a surprise for my ladies.
Shrink plastic is great for making scrabble counters for your cards just make sure when you are cutting leave a nice gap around the image.  Isn't this saying so appt "Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful".  If you notice on my picture there is another saying from stampin up this is for an extra special gift for someone.  Quick tip if you are going to use shrink plastic it's much easier and you get a better finish putting them in the oven rather than using a heat tool. Anyway must go take care and keep crafting Jx 

No comments:

Post a Comment